- PRE-ORDER FOR DELIVERY IN JANUARY 2022.
- Grafted onto Mazzard rootstock.
- The large heart-shaped treats have yellow with a red blush skin and distinctive yellow flesh.
- The texture is firm and tender.
- Considered the sweetest of all cherries.
- Favorite in colder regions.
- The cherries are very sensitive to temperature, wind, and rain while ripening.
- Pollinated by Van, Black Tartarian, Bing, or Lapins
- Cherries are a practical fruit for home orchards where climate and soil conditions are suitable.
- Once established, they require little maintenance and are reliable producers.
- They are best adapted to areas where summers are moderately cool and low humidity.
- They are usually the last fruit to bloom and the first to ripen. Most varieties require a pollenizer.
- Sensitive to wet, tight soils.
- Susceptible to birds, brown rot, and bacterial canker.
- The trees are 2 years old and you can expect to harvest 4th or 5th year.
- Relatively tolerant of wet soils (but good drainage still required).
- zones 5-9, 700 chill hours
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare-root trees
- VIDEO: How we ship bare root fruit trees to your door.
Optimize Shipping: Shipping is calculated by box size. We can fit up to 8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.