- SOLD OUT FOR THE 2021 SEASON. We will have fruit trees available for pre-order again in October 2021.
- Bing cherries produce large crops of deep burgundy-red fruits that burst with sweet candy-like juice making for a perfect late spring snack.
- Everyone's favorite cherry and the most widely planted for fresh eating.
- Large firm, juicy, dark red fruit.
- Wonderful sweet flavor and very juicy.
- Favorite in colder regions.
- Bing produces a large, vigorous tree.
- Pollinated by Black Tartarian, Van, Rainier, Stella, or Lapins.
- Cherries are a practical fruit for home orchards where climate and soil conditions are suitable.
- Once established, they require little maintenance and are reliable producers.
- Best adapted to areas where summers are moderately cool.
- The trees dislike high humidity.
- Usually, the last fruit to bloom and first to ripen.
- Most varieties require a pollenizer.
- Sweet cherries can reach 25-30 feet tall in deep soils.
- Sensitive to wet, tight soils.
- Susceptible to birds, brown rot, and bacterial canker.
- Grafted onto Mazzard Rootstock.
- Harvest 4th or 5th year.
- zones 5-9, 700 chill hours.
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare-root trees
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.