- PRE-ORDER FOR DELIVERY IN JANUARY 2022.
- Grafted onto Mazzard rootstock.
- Late-ripening tart cherry for cooking, sometimes eaten fresh when fully ripe.
- Self-fruiting tree vigorously produces medium, dark red to nearly black cherries in late spring.
- Small, round-headed tree with drooping branches (easy to harvest).
- European origins obscure, introduced to America prior to 1862.
- Sensitive to wet, tight soils.
- Susceptible to birds, brown rot, and bacterial canker.
- Harvest 4th or 5th year.
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare root trees
- VIDEO: How we ship bare root fruit trees to your door.
Optimize Shipping: Shipping is calculated by box size. We can fit up to 8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.