Fresh: Sweet, Apple-like, Crunchy, Crispy
Dried: Sweet, Date-like, Chewy
- PRE-ORDER FOR DELIVERY IN JANUARY 2022.
- Shanxi Li is the largest jujube in our collection with fruit reaching over 2 inches from end to end.
- Fruit is crisp and sweet when eaten fresh and even more so when dried into a chewy date-like treat.
- Also called Chinese Dates.
- Round, shiny reddish-brown, date-like fruit.
- Great sweet apple flavor.
- Similar to dates when candied and dried.
- Attractive, easy-to-grow tree.
- Hardy, drought-resistant, good in hot desert regions.
- Requires long, hot summer.
- Better for fresh eating than the Li Jujube.
- Mature height is 15-20 feet with a spread of 15-20 feet.
- It withstands wide-ranging temperatures; from over 100° F in the summertime to -28° F during winter dormancy.
- VIDEO: How we ship bare root fruit trees to your door.
- Require minimal chill and plentiful summer sun and heat to set fruit.
- Prefer sandy, well-drained soils and while tolerating many soil types, do less well in heavy, poorly drained soil.
- Drought tolerant, but better crop with regular water. Winter prune to maintain plant health.
- Jujube trees do have thorns.
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare-root trees
Optimize Shipping: Shipping is calculated by box size. We can fit up to 8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.