Available for pre-order this fall. Stock will be limited, so order early for best selection.
Optimize Shipping: Shipping is calculated by box size. We can fit up to 8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
Multi Budded "Low Chill" Peach -Variety Information
- Possible Varieties: Strawberry Free, Babcock, Gold Dust, July Elberta, Scarlet Robe. Send us an email if there is 1 particular variety you would like and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Multiple-budded ("Multi-budded") fruit trees will give you 3 or more fine selections of tree-ripened fruit from the space of a single tree.
- Grafted on to Lovell rootstock.
- Compared to single-variety fruit trees, multiple-budded trees require some special consideration, especially with regard to pruning.
- Always plant the smallest limb (the "weakest" bud) to the south/southwest to ensure that it gets plenty of sunlight.
- Cut back the strongest growing varieties by 2/3rds.
- Cut back the weakest variety by 1/2 — or not at all.
- Do not let one variety take over - or one or more of the others may fail. Prune back the more aggressive limbs.
- After the third season, maintain the multiple-budded tree so that each fruit type grows in balance with the others.
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare-root trees
- VIDEO: How we ship bare root fruit trees to your door.
(Photo is representational and not necessarily the actual varieties.)
Dormant Tree & Plant Guarantee:
We guarantee that trees that are shipped dormant will leaf out the following spring if you follow our growing and handling instructions. Any dormant tree that does not leaf out can qualify for a refund if you submit a claim by May 15th. All deciduous fruit trees, persimmons and jujubes need to be planted in the ground by April 1st to qualify for replacement, unless you are in area where the ground is still frozen at that time.
In the rare event that your dormant tree/plant has not leafed out by May 1st, please perform a “scratch test” to check for green under the bark. Just beneath the dry, outer layer of bark in a tree's trunk lies the cambium layer. In a living tree, this is green; in a dead tree, it is brown and dry. To perform a “scratch test”, scratch off the top layer of bark in a small spot on a branch and on the trunk. Be sure to do 1 test above the graft union, and a 2nd just below the graft union. If the scratch test reveals a brown cambium, that means your tree/plant is dead or dying.
To qualify for a refund, you must submit a claim via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 15th. Please include your order number in the subject line of your email.
Claims must include:
-photos of the scratch test areas
-your order number
-name(s) of trees affected.
We will review your claim and if approved, we will issue you a refund for the purchase price of your dormant tree (excluding shipping). We reserve the right to not issue a refund for items that have already been replaced.
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.
- Optimize Shipping: Shipping is calculated by box size. We can fit up to 8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
- No customer pick-up
- We can ship our "Other Edibles" (non-citrus plants) and growing accessories to most states, including Texas, Arizona, or Florida.
- Sorry, we do not ship any items to the US Virgin Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico or to API/APO addresses, or to other countries at this time.
- Click here for Shipping Information
- The trees are approximately 2 years old.
- Our trees are measured by trunk caliper.
- Trunk size may vary slightly based on availability during the season.
- Average trunk size is 1/2"-5/8".
All of our bare root fruit trees will come pruned so that the reduced root mass is balanced with the canopy to maximize grower success. Our bare root fruit trees are headed back to fit in the 60" tall box that they will ship in. Branches are seldom removed during this process unless dead or damaged and are only reduced to fit the tree in the box so that the grower can decide what branches to keep or remove. This is done in a way that will allow the home grower to continue to grow the tree as a central leader or prune the tree to an open center.
The tree will be shipped dormant and bare-rooted.