- Grafted onto D. Lotus rootstock(standard).
- Large, oblong fruit with deep red-orange skin and deep orange flesh.
- Sweet, flavorful, astringent until soft-ripe.
- Translucent skin and jelly-like flesh.
- A ripe Hachiya is sweeter than Fuyu.
- Low chill hours, good choice for milder climates.
- The mature fruit can be left out in boxes at room temperature to ripen.
- It can also be dried while it is still firm and it will become sweet during the dehydration process.
- The tree is productive and highly ornamental with beautiful glossy green foliage in the summer and red, orange, and yellow fall foliage in the fall.
- Fruit requires hot summers for ripening.
- A good variety for drying and pickling.
- zones 7-10, 200 chill hours
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare-root trees
- VIDEO: How we ship bare root fruit trees to your door.
Optimize Shipping: Shipping is calculated by box size. We can fit up to 8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.