- Coratina is praised for its high phenolic acid content which results in incredibly stable oil that oxidizes very slowly. This leads to an incredibly high-quality oil that lasts.
- The high acidity results in a rather sharp oil that is rich in flavor and has a sweet aroma.
- This tree has proven to produce well even in a variety of climates and soil conditions from sandy coastal locations to hot deserts with rocky soils. You can even grow them in containers.
- These drought-tolerant trees require minimal watering once established.
- The fruit is on the smaller side and has a tiny pit.
- A self-compatible tree, but will benefit greatly from other pollinators like Frantoio or Leccino.
- A full-grown olive tree can reach heights and widths of 25'+. This will shade a corner of your yard in beautiful silvery-evergreen foliage.
- USDA Grow Zones 8-11 & can tolerate temperatures as low as 15°F once established.
- Pollinators: Frantoio, Leccino, Maurino, Moraiolo and Pendolino
Click here for Olive Care Information
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.