- PRE-ORDER FOR DELIVERY IN JANUARY 2022.
- Black Tartarian Cherries produce a dark purplish-black fruit encasing an equally dark flesh that's sweet and rich in flavor.
- Grafted onto Mazzard rootstock.
- Medium-sized, nearly black fruit.
- Sprightly flavor.
- Favorite in colder regions.
- Early crops of fruit.
- The vigorous, productive tree is known to set as much as 2 lb. of fruit per branch.
- Beautiful, showy, pink and white blossoms in the spring.
- Pollinated by any other sweet cherry.
- Cherries are a practical fruit for home orchards where climate and soil conditions are suitable.
- Once established, they require little maintenance and are reliable producers.
- Best adapted to areas where summers are moderately cool.
- The trees dislike high humidity.
- Usually, the last fruit to bloom and first to ripen.
- Most varieties require a pollenizer.
- Sweet cherries can reach 25-30 feet tall in deep soils.
- Sensitive to wet, tight soils.
- Susceptible to birds, brown rot, and bacterial canker.
- Harvest 4th or 5th year.
- zones 5-7, 700 chill hours
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare-root trees
Optimize Shipping: Shipping is calculated by box size. We can fit up to 8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.