- Yuzu Citrus fruit is rarely eaten, rather it is chosen for its fragrant oily rind and aromatic zest that is tart like a grapefruit, with overtones of mandarin.
- Also known as Japanese Citron, Yuja Fruit, Hana Yuzu, or Yuzu Citron.
- In the fall, this thorny tree produces lumpy, medium-sized, bright yellow to orange fruits.
- Uniquely fragrant rind and highly prized for its juice in Asian cuisine and is used similar to lemon zest.
- Trees are among the cold-hardiest of all citrus.
- Yuzu originated in China and is thought to be a hybrid between Ichang papeda and Satsuma mandarin.
- Grafted onto semi-dwarf rootstock.
- Click here for Citrus Growing Tips.
- Click here for Growing faqs.
- By law, we cannot ship citrus trees to Texas, Arizona, or Florida.
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.
Get in the know about HLB(Huanglongbing / Citrus Greening Disease) and help save your community's citrus. Only source citrus trees from reputable growers.
No customer pick-up.
Each citrus-producing state, including California, prohibits the importation of citrus trees from other citrus-growing states. Therefore due to agricultural restrictions, we cannot ship citrus trees to Texas, Arizona, or Florida. We can ship all other non-tree items to these states.
We do not ship any items to the US Virgin Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico or to API/APO addresses, or to other countries at this time.
Click here for Shipping Information
Entry and Primo Size Citrus Trees
Our Citrus selections come in two container size options, Entry and Primo. Each variety of Citrus grows at different rates and actual tree size will vary. In climates where citrus is regularly grown outside, trees may be planted directly into the ground.
Entry Size Trees are from 12-18 months old and are 12"-18" tall. Entry size trees are shipped in a 4" x 9.5" nursery tree pot. Entry size trees are best re-potted into a 10" to 12" decorative container within a month of delivery. The Entry size will need a season or two of growth to become productive.
Primo Size Trees: Tree height ranges from 18"-36" tall and the trees are grown in a 5"x5"x12" tree pot. Primo Size Citrus trees have been grown to maximize their success and meet the demand of our growers. The primo size trees are grown to the height of 18”-36” tall and will ship in a new compact box. The goal with this product is to provide a top-quality tree that is not only branched nicely but also in a form factor that is much more economical to ship. Primo Size Citrus trees are pruned with intention to get you a beautifully developed canopy with proper branching starting at or above the 18” mark.