- There has been some controversy surrounding one of the names of the Makrut lime, Kaffir, as it has derogatory connotations in South African and Middle Eastern cultures, which is why we prefer to simply call them Thai limes.
- Thai limes are botanically classified as Citrus hystrix.
- Grows very well in containers outdoors or indoors.
- Great choice for first time citrus growers who also like to cook.
- The leaves, zest, and juice are used in Thai, Cambodian, and Indonesian cooking.
- Thai Lime trees are easy to care for and have a wonderful, aromatic fragrance.
- Zest of fruit can be used in curries or soups
- Click here for Citrus Growing Tips
- Click here for Growing FAQ's
- By law, we cannot ship citrus trees to Texas, Arizona, or Florida.
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.
Get in the know about HLB(Huanglongbing / Citrus Greening Disease) and help save your community's citrus. Only source citrus trees from reputable growers.