- A California favorite!
- Very juicy, less tart than Eureka Lemon or Lisbon Lemon.
- The gourmet lemon develops golden color at maturity.
- Abundant fragrant flowers and/or fruit nearly year round.
- Prolific bearer nearly year-round; heaviest in winter.
- Mature fruit takes on a golden hue.
- "Improved" refers to the California state tested, virus-free clone, a collaborative discovery of Joe Grimshaw and Four Winds founder Floyd Dillon in the early 1950's.
- Grafted onto semi-dwarf rootstock.
- By law, we cannot ship citrus trees to Texas, Arizona or Florida.
Click here for Citrus Growing Tips
Each citrus producing state, including California, prohibits importation of citrus trees from other citrus growing states.
Therefore due to agricultural restrictions, we cannot ship citrus trees to Texas, Arizona or Florida. We can ship all other non-tree items to these states.
We cannot send fruit, foliage or plants in soil to Hawaii. Please select the Premium trees for shipping to Hawaii which can be bare-rooted. We can ship all other non-tree items to Hawaii.
We do not ship any items to the US Virgin Islands, Guam, Puerto Rico or to API/APO addresses, or to other countries at this time.
In order to insure the highest quality upon arrival, we ship on Mondays and Tuesdays.
We ship orders to the east coast on Mondays only.
Entry and Premium Size Citrus Trees
Our Citrus selections come in two container size options, Entry and Premium. Each variety of Citrus grows at different rates and actual tree size will vary. In climates where citrus is regularly grown outside, trees may be planted directly into the ground.
Entry Size Trees are from 12-18 months old and are 12"-18" tall. Entry size trees are shipped in a 4" x 9.5" nursery tree pot. Entry size trees are best re-potted into a 10" to 12" decorative container within a month of delivery. The Entry size will need a season or two of growth to become productive.
Premium Size Trees are from 24-36 months old and the closest to bearing fruit. The plants are a more developed than the Entry size with more branching and a fuller look. Premium size trees are shipped in 10"x 9.5" nursery container that can be planted into a 12"-14" decorative container upon arrival.