- SOLD OUT FOR THE 2021 SEASON. We will have fruit trees available for pre-order again in October 2021.
- Hosui Asian Pear is a dense yet crispy pear with fine texture and complex sweet flavor.
- Grafted onto OHxF333 semi-dwarf rootstock or Calleryana.
- The Best Tasting Asian pear.
- Large, brownish-orange russeted skin.
- Juicy, sweet, flavorful, refreshing, and crisp like an apple.
- Good choice for milder climates.
- Stores for 4 - 6 weeks and is very susceptible to fire blight.
- Pollinated by Shinko, Chojuro, Bartlett, or 20th Century.
- Cold hardy, drought-resistant, heat tolerant.
- Susceptible to fire blight and coddling moth.
- Fruit should be thinned to one per spur.
- Plant 2 varieties for best pollination.
- By pruning, keep your tree to any size.
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.
- USDA Zone 5-10 & 300-400 Chill Hours Required.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare-root trees
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.