- The Black Mission fig is the most popular variety planted in California.
- Rich and sweet with a hint of berry flavor.
- Delicious when eaten fresh, dried, or canned.
- Purplish-black skin with a strawberry- colored flesh.
- Long-lived, large tree but can be kept small with pruning.
- Two crops a year- light Breba crop and heavy late crop.
- Fruit splitting is minimal, and the eye is fairly tight, so fruit spoilage is seldom a problem.
- Can be grown on the coast or inland.
- A wonderful container plant.
- Zones 8-9
Click here for Fig Growing Tips
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.