- Sugar Cane Jujube is a sweet fleshed fruit with the crunchy texture of an apple.
- Reddish-brown, small to medium-sized fruit when fully ripe.
- The round fruit is smaller than Li.
- Sweet, crunchy flesh.
- The tree is precocious, hardy, drought-resistant, virtually pest and disease-free. Requires long, hot summer.
- Very low chill requirement.
- Pollenized by any other jujube.
- It withstands wide-ranging temperatures; from over 100° F in the summertime to -20° F during winter dormancy.
- Require minimal chill and plentiful summer sun and heat to set fruit.
- Prefer sandy, well-drained soils and while tolerating many soil types, do less well in heavy, poorly drained soil.
- Drought tolerant, but better crop with regular water. Winter prune to maintain plant health.
- Jujube trees do have thorns.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare-root trees
- VIDEO: How we ship bare root fruit trees to your door.
Optimize Shipping: Shipping is calculated by box size. We can fit up to 8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.