Pre Order Now for Shipping starting in January- Stock is limited so order early for best selection
Optimize Shipping: Shipping is calculated by box size. We can fit up to 8 bare-root fruit trees in a box. Multi-budded fruit trees, Prsimmon and Jujube trees will count as 2 due to branching. Optimize your shipping by ordering multiple trees.
Shanxi Li Jujube- Variety Information
- Fresh: Sweet, Apple-like, Crunchy, Crispy
- Dried: Sweet, Date-like, Chewy
- Shanxi Li is the largest jujube in our collection with fruit reaching over 2 inches from end to end.
- Fruit is crisp and sweet when eaten fresh and even more so when dried into a chewy date-like treat.
- Also called Chinese Dates.
- Round, shiny reddish-brown, date-like fruit.
- Great sweet apple flavor.
- Similar to dates when candied and dried.
- Attractive, easy-to-grow tree.
- Hardy, drought-resistant, good in hot desert regions.
- Requires long, hot summer.
- Better for fresh eating than the Li Jujube.
- Mature height is 15-20 feet with a spread of 15-20 feet.
- It withstands wide-ranging temperatures; from over 100° F in the summertime to -20° F during winter dormancy.
- VIDEO: How we ship bare root fruit trees to your door.
- Require minimal chill and plentiful summer sun and heat to set fruit.
- Prefer sandy, well-drained soils and while tolerating many soil types, do less well in heavy, poorly drained soil.
- Drought tolerant, but better crop with regular water. Winter prune to maintain plant health.
- Jujube trees do have thorns.
- This fruit tree is shipped dormant and bare-rooted.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare-root trees
Dormant Tree & Plant Guarantee:
We guarantee that trees that are shipped dormant will leaf out the following spring if you follow our growing and handling instructions. Any dormant tree that does not leaf out can qualify for a refund if you submit a claim by May 15th. All deciduous fruit trees, persimmons and jujubes need to be planted in the ground by April 1st to qualify for replacement, unless you are in area where the ground is still frozen at that time.
In the rare event that your dormant tree/plant has not leafed out by May 1st, please perform a “scratch test” to check for green under the bark. Just beneath the dry, outer layer of bark in a tree's trunk lies the cambium layer. In a living tree, this is green; in a dead tree, it is brown and dry. To perform a “scratch test”, scratch off the top layer of bark in a small spot on a branch and on the trunk. Be sure to do 1 test above the graft union, and a 2nd just below the graft union. If the scratch test reveals a brown cambium, that means your tree/plant is dead or dying.
To qualify for a refund, you must submit a claim via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than May 15th. Please include your order number in the subject line of your email.
Claims must include:
-Photos of the scratch test areas
-Your order number
-Name(s) of trees affected.
We will review your claim and if approved, we will issue you a refund for the purchase price of your dormant tree (excluding shipping). We reserve the right to not issue a refund for items that have already been replaced.
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.