Order Now for a Mid-January delivery!
- Maroon over green skin, dark red flesh.
- Sweet, mild, flavor.
- Low chill hours, good choice for milder climates.
- A long time favorite in California.
- An excellent choice for fresh eating and jam.
- Heavy bearing tree with a horizontal spreading growth habit.
- Pollinated by Beauty Plum, Santa Rosa Plum or Late Santa Rosa Plum.
- Japanese plums bloom and ripen earlier, tend and to have larger crops.
- They are not generally self-pollinated and can be tricky to grow in areas with late frosts.
- Larger, firmer fleshed, and rounder than European plums.
- Japanese plum trees have rougher bark, more persistent spurs, and more numerous flowers than European plums.
- They are also more precocious, disease resistant, and vigorous than European plums.
- Japanese plum flavor ranges from sweet to tart.
- By pruning you can keep your tree at any height.
Tree will be shipped dormant and bare-rooted.