- Also called Chinese Dates
- Reddish-brown fruit becomes dry, and wrinkled when fully ripe.
- Attractive, easy-to-grow tree.
- Hardy, drought-resistant, virtually pest, and disease-free.
- Requires long, hot summer.
- Pollinated by Li or another jujube.
- Mature height is 15-20 feet with a spread of 15-20 feet.
- It withstands wide-ranging temperatures; from over 100° F in the summertime to -28° F during winter dormancy.
- Require minimal chill and plentiful summer sun and heat to set fruit.
- Prefer sandy, well-drained soils and while tolerating many soil types, do less well in heavy, poorly drained soil.
- Drought tolerant, but better crop with regular water. Winter prune to maintain plant health.
- Jujube trees do have thorns.
- Click here for information on how to plant bare root trees
Protect your tree from sunburn, insects & rodents with PLANT GUARD tree paint & foliar spray.
Protect your roots from rodents with ROOT GUARD the original gopher wire basket.
Feed your fruit tree with Romeo Plant Food. This water-soluble fertilizer is great for in-ground or in-container growing.