Pre-Order Now for a Mid-January delivery.
- Large, oblong fruit with deep red-orange skin and deep orange flesh.
- Sweet, flavorful, astringent until soft-ripe.
- Translucent skin and jelly-like flesh.
- A ripe Hachiya is sweeter than Fuyu.
- Low chill hours, good choice for milder climates.
- The mature fruit can be left out in boxes at room temperature to ripen.
- It can also be dried while it is still firm and it will become sweet during the dehydration process.
- The tree is productive and highly ornamental with beautiful glossy green foliage in the summer and red, orange, and yellow fall foliage in the fall.
- Fruit requires hot summers for ripening.
- A good variety for drying and pickling.
Tree will be shipped dormant and bare-rooted.