Spring is an important and exciting time for growers, home gardeners and farmers alike as we all prepare for the planting and growing seasons ahead. This spring however is like none other we’ve ever seen.
It is of the utmost importance that we all take the necessary steps to keep our communities safe and healthy during this unprecedented period in modern history. As a business essential to food production, we have been authorized to stay open during the shelter-in-place order issued to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, we have chosen to continue with limited operations while making several modifications to our normal business practices.
Our website and mail order operation will continue to operate and ship, unless otherwise determined by local, state, or federal authorities. Many of our staff members are unable to come to work due to family obligations or due to heightened risk factors, so as a result, we are operating with very limited staff at this time. We will do our best to continue to provide the highest level of service possible under the present circumstances.
Our first priority is to the health and safety of our employees and customers. With that in mind we have put the following additional safety protocols in place:
- We are now a closed nursery, so we are only permitting employees and shipping carriers onto the property.
- We are taking additional measures above and beyond our normal cleaning and disinfecting protocols- cleaning more frequently throughout the nursery, warehouses and office spaces. All employees are wearing disposal rubber gloves throughout each shift.
- We are practicing social distancing by limiting the number of employees in common spaces as well as spreading out while working in the greenhouses, planting, and packing areas. We are also restricting company travel or deliveries unless determined essential.
- We are requiring that any employee who is feeling sick or has a member of their household that is sick, to stay at home (with pay to the greatest extent possible) for at least 14 days to prevent any possible virus transmission.
- We are actively monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak and making necessary adjustments to our crisis plan as needed.
We understand that this is an extremely challenging time for all of us and we sincerely hope that everyone can make the appropriate modifications to their behaviors to limit the spread of this dangerous virus. Growing plants and working in your garden are great ways to stay active and grounded during these turbulent times. As always, we will continue to strive to provide our customers with the highest quality citrus and edible fruit trees to use in your gardens and farms, so that you can create productive and sustainable landscapes for years to come.
Sincerely wishing all of you safety and peace from our family to yours,
The Four Winds Growers Team